Percent : it means out of 100 and it can also represent as a fraction or a decimal.
4.1 Representing Percents:
- To show a fractional percent between 0% and 1%, shade part of one square.
- One completely shaded grid represents 100%
- Means showing a percent as a picture in a hundred grids.
4.2 Fractions, Decimals, and Percents:
- Can be used to show numbers in different situations.
- Percents can be written as fractions and as decimals.
4.3 Percent of a number:
- · To calculate the percent of a number, write the percent as a decimal and then multiply by the number.
· We can use mental math techniques such as halving, doubling, and dividing by 10 to find the percents of some numbers.
Example: 12 1/2 % of 50 = 0.275 x 50
Percent Video Questions:
4.4 Combining Percents:
· Percents can be put together by adding to solve problems.
Example: 5% + 7% = 12% ( We always use 12% as tax in our case)
· You can multiply the original number by a single percent greater than 100.
Example: 155% of 100 = 1.15 x 100
· You can add the combined percent amount to the original number.
Example: 15 % of 100 = 0.15 x 100 = 15
I'll upload the video later.