Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nikki's Math Post

5.) Estimate each value, to one decimal place. Check your answer with a calculator.

a) 14 b) 86 c) 136 answer a) 3.7 b) 9.3 c) 11.7

19.) Estimate 160 100. Explain how you determined your estimate.
I think that 160 100 has a square root of 400 because 4 is the square root of 16 so all you
have to do is add the zeros.

Here is a picture to show you what square roots are :)
Sorry I couldn't get the square root symbol.
Maybe you could help me and show me how to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Nikki! I like the colours you used, though next time don't use yellow because it is hard to read. If you want to get the square root symbol try copying it from wikipedia math symbols like this and pasting it, that's how I do it until I learn a better way. (: Good job!(:

    ReplyDelete