Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Errol's Term 2 Reflection

In Term 2 I did good. I got an 87. I did really good in tests and quizzes. I found it easy to find surface area, volume of triangular prisms, cylinders and rectangular prisms, and percent.

I struggled on doing blogs posts and commenting. Even though I did better than last term, I still have a lot to do in term 3. This term I didn’t comment at all and had few blog post.

Next term(same as last term) I will try to comment on all blogs that I have to comment on and I will sign up for more blog posts.

This term I learned about surface area. Surface area is the sum of all faces of an object. For example: to find the surface area of a rectangular prism. Do L x W to one side, then multiply it by 2, and then do that to each side that’s different. Volume is the space on object occupies. For example: to find the volume of a rectangular prism, to the formula L x W x H. Percent means out of 100. For example: to find the percent from a decimal multiply by 100, so 0.64 x 100 = 64%.

There is a difference between volume and surface area. Surface area would be measuring the outside area of the object, while volume measures the inside area of an object. Both are similar because they’re both measuring an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment