Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nikki's Pay it Forward

Part 1
"Pay it forward" is an act of kindness with nothing in return just because. Also a movie with a boy named Trevor helping three people and each one of those three people help three more.

Part 2
Karen and I made an act of kindness by giving away thank you cards and giving away candy canes saying merry Christmas and happy new year on them to people.



On the weekend we babysat my niece for my sister for free for 6 hours.
We also made ham sandwiches on Saturday and we went on main street near the salvation army to donate some money. While we were there we gave away about 30 sandwiches to the homeless people on the street. We also threw in pieces of deer jerky. I chose those activity's because I thought they were unique. Something different than other people.


Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
In my opinion it went great because it made me feel better about myself.
What Happened?
We made people happy, and put a little joy on their day.
How did you feel?
I felt really great, it was such a big thing for the homeless but it was just joy for us.
How did the person or people react?
The homeless people smiled and said merry Christmas they also thanked us, and some of the people we gave cards to also smiled and my sister was very thankful because she felt good not having to worry about the baby.
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
Yes, they were written on the card and also no for the homeless.
How did they react to your request?
We did not get to see how they reacted because we didn't see them reading it.


Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
I think its important because the smallest things can change the world step by step.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Our act of kindness possible made a difference by making them happy and letting them know we care.

No comments:

Post a Comment