Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nils' Pay It Forward

Part 1
Pay it forward is helping people without expecting to be helped back. If the people you helped help more people it is like a chain reaction that can get really big. In the movie "Pay It Forward" a boy named Trevor has a project where you can change the world. He decides to help three people. Then those three can help three more each and the number of people help can increase dramatically.

Part 2
My act of kindness was to write a letter to a Canadian soldier in Kabul, Afghanistan. I chose this activity because our armed forces our protecting our nation on foreign ground and I want to show appreciation for what our soldiers have done. I must be very hard to be in a country far from home and away from your family for a long time. This letter can tell a soldier that people in Canada care.





Part 3
It felt really good when I put that letter in the mailbox because it can encourage the soldier to continue to serve our country proudly. I didn't tell the soldier to pay it forward because they have already done it to the whole nation. The soldier is helping a lot more people than I ever could.

Part 4
The idea of Pay It Forward is very important to humanity because it can change lives and make the world a better place to live for everyone. Hopefully my letter can tell a soldier that Canadian citizens care about them and encourage them to continue to serve their country proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment